Grants

The 2018 Loddon Mallee Landfill Diversion Fund 

The 2018 Loddon Mallee Landfill Diversion Fund (LMLDF) is now open and will close at 2pm AEST Monday 26 November 2018.

The fund is aimed at assisting councils, businesses, industry and community groups in the region to deliver projects that help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill from the residential, commercial and industrial, and constructions and demolition sectors, in line with the Loddon Mallee Waste and Resource Recovery Group (LMWRRG) Business Plan 2017-20, and Loddon Mallee Waste and Resource Recovery Implementation Plan 2016-26 (regional implementation plan) priority actions.

Who can apply?

Councils, Community, Businesses and Industry based within the Loddon Mallee WRRG region and/or provide services and activities within the region.

LMWRRG Region Map

How much funding is available?

The total amount of funding available is $100,000. Each application can apply for funds up to and including $100,000.

Potential Projects

Examples of projects that may be eligible for funding include:

  • Development or improvement of a system that increases the value of waste materials previously going to landfill, resulting in greater re-use and/or recycling.
  • Development of a waste management sorting system that is more practical and effective than services currently available that provides an increased amount of waste diverted from landfill.
  • Implementation and/or reinforcement of positive behavioural waste management practices that clearly provides a reduction of waste to landfill.

Note – infrastructure and/or equipment is eligible for funding for the above potential projects.

How will applications be submitted?

Interested organisations must discuss the project idea with the LMWRRG Market Development Manager, Ian Gillingham before starting an application to receive a reference number for their application.

Applications must be submitted electronically via the editable LMLDF submission form.

2018-LMLDF-Application

For further information please contact Ian Gillingham, LMWRRG Market Development Manager on 0429 820 570 or email: ian.gillingham@lmwrrg.vic.gov.au

Attachments

2018-LMLDF-attachment-1-Project-Plan

2018-LMLDF-attachment-2-Communication-Plan

2018-LMLDF-attachment-3-Monitoring-and-evaluation-plan

2018-LMLDF-attachment-4-Budget

 

 

2017 Organics Expressions of Interest (EOI) is Now Closed.

The aim of the EOI was to gain a better understanding of the organic waste producers, organic waste transporters and organic waste processors.

The EOI was conducted through Survey Monkey for 4 weeks in early 2017 which collected data and information about businesses and organisations who were interested in exploring ways to divert organic waste from current landfill waste streams or improve the way organic waste is processed to maximise its value.

It was a quick and simple way for the LMWRRG to gain a better understanding of who operates where, what type of organic waste they produce, transport or process across the Loddon Mallee Region.

As part of the Organics EOI the LMWRRG had grant funding available to assist with organic waste recycling programs and projects across the region which diverted organics from landfill, assisted with organic collection, increased organic waste processing and the development of new technologies.

Organic / Food waste facts

  • In the Loddon Mallee region during 2013/2014, 21% of landfill comprised of food and 26% of organics, making a total 47% organics
  • Each year in Victoria, households throw out 250,000t worth of food – enough wasted food to fill Melbourne’s Eureka Tower
  • The average Victorian household throws out approximately $2,200 worth of food each

http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.vic.gov.au/about-your-food/do-i-really-waste-food